SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013

MrPelicano is on a distinguished road
Re: Sydney-Hobart

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Well, the wind come to the race, but too late for Loyal. The two leading boats are almost doing 20K. Right now Wild Oats have more wind but soon Loyal will be the fastest boat, but not in time to recover the 38nm that separates him from the leader.

For the victory in Handicap things are not decided yet: The leading boat is a slow one, an old Farr 43 (wild Rose) that is only in 60th overall. I hope that Brannew, a First 40 CR that is making a well of race can beat it in compensated since in real time it is 21 places ahead I hate one slow boats won in handicap.
Nice little battle going on between the two VOR70s, with Black Jack leading Giacomo by .5 mile, and Beau Geste a few miles back of them.

Meanwhile, looks like the wheels fell off for Midnight Rambler, who were challenging with Veloce for the IRC lead not too long ago but have now disappeared down the standings. Wonder if they had some sail or gear failure.

Right now, the RP40 Chutzpah is leading Veloce by under an hour on corrected time, so this one looks like it will be a nail biter for sure. The skipper of Chutzpah has 31 Sydney Hobart races under his belt, and (so I learned this morning) sold his Hick 35 to the skipper who won the 1998 race.