SailNet Community - View Single Post - Another "Next Generation" anchor enters the market...
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013
Old enough to know better

miatapaul is on a distinguished road
Re: Another "Next Generation" anchor enters the market...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Sail View Post
The Manson Supreme 25 is more than enough anchor for a Bristol 29.9 unless you plan on anchoring in hurricane force winds..

Be aware that "Joćo" was really Alain Poiraud pulling a fast one on every body.. He hid behind this moniker because he had sold Spade, and rumor/word on the street was that he had "taken" some proprietary designs that were supposedly sold with the Spade transaction. So he started a new company and hid himself from it as the real owner instead using Joćo who incidentally wrote and responded nearly word for word verbatim the way Alain did for so many years....

I own one of Alain's Oceanne/Sword anchors plus two Spade's.. I actually caught Alain in his little scam (long story that could create an entire thread) during some email conversations.

Funny enough that Joćo & Raya disappeared at EXACTLY the same time that Alain Poiraud passed away.... Go figure.... I do believe there was a guy named Joćo that worked for him but the email responses and many of the internet postings were that of Alain posing as Joćo.

Alain had a huge hatred for everything Rocna and Manson so take what he said with a grain of salt. Sadly he never could build a better anchor than the Spade, despite multiple attempts. He was a great anchor designer though...

The whole anchor underworld can get pretty sleazy. Just enter www dot ancoralatina dot com (the old web address of Alain's company that made the Raya) into your address bar and see what pops up?????

That's right the minute Alain Poiraud passed away, and his web domain lapsed for a split second, the Smith's of Rocna fame jumped in and picked it up redirecting all Ancora Latina traffic to the Peter Smith / Rocna page.... Peter Smith apparently had no love lost for Alain either so much so that he found it perfectly ethical to pilfer a dead mans web site......
Why is it that they all act like bottom feeders?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook