SailNet Community - View Single Post - intervention councelor(s) needed...
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013

floatingPoint is on a distinguished road
intervention councelor(s) needed...

Thanks for taking the time to read, I appreciate it.

I guess the beginning is a good start - but that makes for a long story. So, skipping ahead to the current epoch, I just joined sail net. Hi, my name is Douglas and I'm a sailor...

This post is a plea for help and parts of it might fit better under different topic headings, so I hope this isn't too off topic.

I'm struggling with the compulsion brothers and sisters, and this time the devil really has me in hand... I'm looking at wooden boats. I'm in San Clemente California and I can see the Dana Point marina from here. Yes a wooden boat andthe the country's most expensive municipal marina. And no, I've never owned a wooden boat.

I've seen a few threads and I get the idea that there are some old hands here on sail net who reside in my area (Dana Point/Costa Mesa/Huntington Beach) in Southern California and I'd really appreciate a shout out if that fits you. If you know anything about wooden boats (and I mean anything, like knowing someone who knows someone who could do a meaningful survey on a wooden boat) I really would love to hear from you.

I've spent a few afternoons in dingies in NPB harbor and that is how much I know about the local conditions. So if you'd like to introduce yourself and help me understand the local conditions, do's and don'ts, and who's who that too would be great.

Best regards
Douglas
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook