SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Malango 880

We have already talked about this boat, that is one of the nominated for this year's European boat of the year contest. It was tested recently by Yacht.de and they have posted some nice photos, so let's have a new and better look since this is all but an ordinary boat: A unique one I would say

Till now, just a nice boat with a swing keel but what makes the Malango series unique is this:

Yes this is a 29ft cruiser that carries its own dingy, not a big one but good enough for two. You know, if you like to sail fast and have a nice looking boat the worst thing you can do is to tow a dingy or have it over the deck, specially on a small boat so what choices do we have?:

To passing half the time filling up the dingy...or having a Malango and what is really extraordinary is that the boat still has two cabins, a head, a good storage space and a galley. Ok the galley does not have a freezer and that seems to have the only downside for a 29ft boat. I have saw a portable freezer under the table on some photos but that seems not o be a good idea. Maybe with some skill we could find one even if the only place seems to be on the head or adjacent to it.

The cockpit is big and offers a good support to everybody with a practical rigging even if a box could be provided to enclose the liferaft. It does not seem to me a good idea to use the liferaft as a support when the boat is heeled but it is just in the right position for it:

and the best thing is that this is a fast and enjoyable boat to sail, one of a kind
Did I said that the boat was unsinkable and certifiable as class A boat?

some great photos:

http://www.idbmarine.com/fr/galerie_idbmarine.php

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 12-28-2013 at 09:14 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook