SailNet Community - View Single Post - Selling our 31 :(
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013

okapi3 is on a distinguished road
Selling our 31 :(

After long consideration my wife and I have agreed to sell Wayfarer, our beautiful 1988 Crealock 31 which we have owned for 6 years, lovingly maintained, and customized with a CapeHorn windvane system. We have our eyes on a Valiant 42 with the intention of some longterm cruising and hopefully a circumnavigation. We absolutely do not consider the change of boats to be an "upgrade" but simply an "upsize" because we cannot imagine a better, safer or more attractive boat than Wayfarer. We just need more space for creature comforts, crew, fuel capacity, etc. We will miss her bronze portlights, winches and cleats, her teak toerails and lovely sheer. I will miss the way she comfortably handles a breeze with the cutter rig balanced just right, steering with just 2 fingers on the wheel for the joy of steering, or else just letting the windvane silently steer day and night. (It makes me sad that I won't ever again have a salon table that magically appears and disappears ). Some of you may remember we almost sold her a couple years ago and then got cold feet at the last moment, but this time is for real.

We haven't officially listed her with a broker yet, and don't have a web site (I am computer illiterate) but if anyone is interested or wants more info please send me a PM. She is currently on the hard in Solomons,Md.

Paul
PSC31 #9 "Wayfarer"
Chesapeake

The secret to sailing is good judgment. Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook