SailNet Community - View Single Post - Wow... Bernard Stamm's Open 60 "breaks in half" in the Western Approaches...
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013
"Nubile Southern Sailor"

christian.hess is on a distinguished road
Re: Wow... Bernard Stamm's Open 60 "breaks in half" in the Western Approaches...

what if that san juan was a marina derelict that was abandoned by an uninspired po owner..???

say it had new rigging, sails stowed inside an all it needed was bottom paint to be safe?

why would you penalize that boat?

I dont agree with that at all, after all before this 21 century and the nets...a 24 ft boat was considered mid size....and perfectly apt for ocean sailing...

plus in any case a san juan 24 is a speck mid ocean as is even a 1000foot cruise ship

I think if anything more focus should be on the skipper(as do many eu contries) and not the boat
after all even a measly san juan 24 is glass and we all know glass has yet to be determined how much REAL life span it has...

soooo with that said

carry on discussion

ps. I say this out os spite almost because for example my spanish captain that I sailed with almost 15k miles had to do sooooooooooooooooooooo much to even set sail, he had to be licensed by the spanish maritime academy only to be a pleasure captain....this just to set sail....

in the us and most western countries all you do is fix a boat and leave...many countries have extreme stringent laws to even aloow you to be on public waters...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by christian.hess; 12-29-2013 at 03:06 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook