SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
CNB yachts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhapsody-NS27 View Post
I haven't heard of a Bordeaux 60, but just came across this one showing construction of one.

Yes I believe you are right. CNB is the top brand from the Benetau group and perhaps I don't find in them the flair of the Italian big yachts and it seems that the sailors that want practicality as main concern and have the money to buy them prefer Oysters. Fact is that in the luxury segment the choice is huge and CNB is just in the middle waters regarding design criteria.

But I do agree they are beautiful boats and that should be here, so thanks for posting.

Some two more: One of the more popular, the CNB 76 and one of the custom line, the CNB 100 that is in fact an one off. They have a line of production yachts, with a 60 and the 76 but also build custom boats and that is an important part of their work.

Both the production boats are designed by Philippe Briand (that designs also for instance the First 45 and 50) and show the elegance he puts in his designs. The Custom 100ft is a Luca Brenta design and I guess you can understand what I mean by flair

The 76:

The custom 100:

THE CNB SHIPYARD - CNB Yachts

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 12-29-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook