SailNet Community - View Single Post - Wow... Bernard Stamm's Open 60 "breaks in half" in the Western Approaches...
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Wow... Bernard Stamm's Open 60 "breaks in half" in the Western Approaches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeventyr60 View Post
Yeah Paulo, ask the Australian coasties how many of your long distance racers have had to be rescued in the Southern Ocean and you might come up with a different answer on the insurance question and WHO is actually being rescued.....mostly the guys on the hi tech go fast, surely never to fail race boats....mostly Euro dudes too. Oh and a few ladies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
That poses the question to know if in what regards sailing activities were a rescue is more probable, like offshore long distance racing, should not be a mandatory collective insurance regarding rescue costs. Certainly the cost of that divided to all would not be too high and it would keep things straight, I mean the risk takers would pay for their safety and not all tax payers.

Risk takers paying for their safety should be the right principle. The alternative is to regulate what is acceptable in terms of risks regarding a rescue. I prefer the first alternative.

You mean Australian tax payers like to pay for the rescue of European sail racers?

Read again what I said. I said that it should be the racers and the organization to pay for the rescues trough a mandatory insurance as well as all that push the risk envelope beyond the reasonable.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 12-29-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook