SailNet Community - View Single Post - intervention councelor(s) needed...
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
Re: intervention councelor(s) needed...

Douglas, this is easy, really. I want you to go to a cigar store and buy a wooden cigar box, preferably an old used one, not a new one. Now, put it in a sauna for a couple of days. If there's no sauna around (I understand some of the poor people don't have them) just place it in your shower for a day under hot running water.

Now, take that cigar box, clean it, dry it, and bring it back to me fully varnished and shiny all around, with no damages, no loose joints, and to prove it, I want you to buy six very expensive Cuban cigars, put them IN the box, and place it back in the shower with the water running for an hour.

If the cigars are dry and the box is gleaming, you're the kind of guy who should buy a wooden boat.

If the cigars are in any way damaged...wood is not for you. Pay homage to it, wave at it, admire it, but do not even think about owning it. Enjoy some fine brandy with the new cigars you buy to replace the soggy ones, and remember that.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook