Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New Orleans Louisiana
Thanked 82 Times in 78 Posts
Rep Power: 4
Re: Vacuum Sealing Gear and Supplies
Don't get me started...
I own three, one at home, one on the boat, and one at the office.
Some of my favorite uses
1) the jar adapter lets you vaccume seal anything that fits in jars
2) sealing documents and papers. Like wills, passports, titles, ect... They are still readable, but immune from water damage.
3) spare parts (though not rubber or anything with volatile compounds that can evaporate). It keeps parts together, visible, and sealed.
4) one serving meals that can be frozen and reheated easily
5) clothes. Keeps them dry and tightly packed.
8) I seal things like packs of common nuts bolts and washerstogether. I may have a few of the same size, but this way I can grab a bag and have everything there.
Basically anything that needs to be kept dry no matter what is a good canidate, or as a way to keep a group of things together.
Protecting stuff from salt air is also a favorite, like replacement electronic parts, spare radio, batteries, ect..