SailNet Community - View Single Post - Another "Next Generation" anchor enters the market...
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough
Re: Another "Next Generation" anchor enters the market...

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatapaul View Post
I was thinking that, but let is slide. Seems all of the anchor vendors have there issues to some extent or anther, but they are bottom dwellers by nature right?!?!
There were no quality issues at Rocna during the time the Smiths operated the company. To my knowledge there are no issues under Canada Metal. There certainly were issues during the intermediate ownership.

One can certainly make a case that Craig Smith did not work and play well with others. *grin*

Set the Manson Supreme aside and look at Manson's entire line of anchors. Copies. Every last one of them. Copies. Now I suppose it is possible that in a fit of creativity they designed the new Manson Supreme anchor completely independently of the ongoing manufacturing discussions they had with Rocna that just happened to look strikingly like the Rocna for which they had drawings and specifications. Right.

Intellectual property is what paid for my boat so I feel strongly about it. Taking someone else's ideas and calling them your own is wrong. It's one thing to be derivative and add value. It's something else to copy.

That's my issue with Manson.
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook