SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Hinckley Bermuda 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjung View Post
A Modern Heir Is Born: The Hinckley Bermuda 50 | Rhode Island
Looks very european (in a positive way), and fast.
Congrats to Hinckley!
Humm, I agree with all except with that thing about "looking very European". I agree with them when they say: A Modern Heir Is Born.

The Key word here is modern. The best Na from all the world design very similar boats when they design modern sailboats being them Americans, Europeans or from Oceania.

"The Hinckley Bermuda 50 is an advanced performance sloop that captures the best of design and technology. For sailors who wish to have a yacht they will be proud to cruise and race over many years, with the head-turning beauty and elegance that is unmistakably Hinckley, the Bermuda 50 is the modern day evolution of the Bermuda 40. "

http://www.hinckleyyachts.com/Sailbo...50_gallery.php

http://ri.usharbors.com/image-galler....hVlan0hd.dpuf

I like it, not so much the interior style, but the NA work (by Bill Tripp) is just great. A very nice boat with the particularity to have a big dinghy garage and that's just great for a 50fter.

I hope they succeed but I am not sure the American market, for whom they work most, are prepared for truly modern performance cruising boats. In Europe the competition is huge on that sector and for succeeding there I would say that they have to hire a top interior designer to give to the boat interior the same design quality it shows on the outside.

And some very interesting movies, one with the NA, Bill Tripp, talking aboutr the boat, other with the owner saying what he wanted as a performance cruising boat.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 12-31-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook