SailNet Community - View Single Post - Intro and Advice Sought
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Dawg...
At the beginning of the video it is about 5–7' seas with 20 knots of wind and gusts up to about 28 knots.

Sure doesn't look that rough. Only occasional whitecaps would mean around 15Kt. ....were you reading apparent wind???
Looks like a fun time was had by all!

Triton...welcome to the board. I deleted your other duplicate thread rather than move it as there was no content to the replies you got. Newbies get lots of leeway here so no worries! I don't know squat about catamarans but if you end up going the monohull route and can adjust your plans to NOT cross the atlantic...(maybe do the whole caribbean circle or go through the canal and up the coast?)...then I think one of the larger Beneteau 3 cabin models out of one of the charter services can fit your needs, budget and be capable of doing the trip. Just need a really good survey for out of charter boats. Another alternative since the kids are still young is to get a center cockpit boat for privacy and de-construct the V berth into split single berth cabins for the kids. Something like an Irwin38-44 would work for that or perhaps a Morgan.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook