Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Thanked 31 Times in 24 Posts
Rep Power: 9
Re: New Years Resolutions: Sailing-Related Goals for 2014
1) rig boat for more convenient single-handing
2) crew on racing boats to gain sail-trim skills
3) crew on boat in Greek Islands with my wife (to help celebrate our 30th anniversary - already booked
4) single-hand a one-shot crossing of Georgian Bay - from Hope to Killarney (approx. 22 hours)
4) help my wife gain confidence in helming - she did most of it last year as a result of a shoulder injury and was taking the boat out of the marina by the end of the season. This year she says she wants to become confident in docking.
5) sail, sail, sail.....
1989 Hunter 30'
Southern Georgian Bay
Visualize the vastness of the oceans; the infinity of the heavens; the fickleness of the wind; the artistry of the craft and the frailty of the sailor. The oneness that may be achieved through the harmony of these things may lead one to enlightenment. - Flying Welshman