SailNet Community - View Single Post - Inconvenient Bahama sailing
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014

christian.hess is on a distinguished road
Re: Inconvenient Bahama sailing

how long can you keep a foreign flagged boat in the port nearest you in florida? if 6 months or so at a time then you could hop WITH the boat back and forth and USE it more

I saw plenty of antigua flagged, bermuda flagged and foreign flagged boats in florida mostly big yachts all the time...

really I know its mostly tax evasion BUTthey do stay there for months at a time leave then come back...could you not do that on a smaller scale if you will?

good luck

BTW cutting losses is a way of life I think...you lose here but make up somewhere else...
karmic way of life

you could also do something awesome like give the boat a way for a song to one of your cavemen friends...and maybe just doing that will liberate you enough to get something nicer or better back home!

who knows!

happy 2014

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Islander 36 refit still going on...

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook