SailNet Community - View Single Post - Rallies Gone Wrong
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Rallies Gone Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
Smack, Maybe I missed it. How are they making money..I thought the Rally was free, with sponsorship donating the seminars, weather routing service, dinners etc.?
Yeah, I suppose I need to be careful how I state that (realizing revenue vs. making money vs. making a profit, etc.). I obviously know nothing about their actual finances.

But money seems to definitely be coming into the organization if their sponsorship page is to be believed:

SALTY DAWG RALLY SPONSORS | Salty Dawg Rally

Quote:
Sponsorship Levels:

The SDR already has a strong list of sponsors but more are always welcome. To help designate sponsor levels five categories have been established.

Admiral – $1500 or more
Captain – $1000
Commander – $750
Lieutenant – $500
Ensign – $250
On that page you can see 10 Admiral level sponsors (I assume this means at least $15K). Again whether this is all only goods/services value or cash or a combo - who knows? But I have to assume that some amount of cash is involved in all of this since not all the sponsors are necessarily offering goods and/or services.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 01-02-2014 at 04:25 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook