SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
Maxi 1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by robelz View Post
Even if the Maxi 1200 is good looking and promising: So sad the dropped the plans for the Maxi 11 when Najad went into bankrupcy:

11m, target weight about 4,2-4,4t, 2,20 draft, perfect cockpit for racing and cruising...

Well, the new 1200 is light with 6.9T has a big B/D ratio and has a rigging very adapted to solo sailing (that's the part I like most) but the boat is a bit of a deception regarding the drawings I saw of the 11m. The designer is the same, the one that designs Maxi yachts for many years, Pelle Petterson, but the brief is different being the boat more performance cruising oriented and the hull is also different being this one a more classic one, less adapted to short crew sailing or racing.

But that is not what pisses me, what I don't like is the overall look, kind of a XP with Delphia looks with a interior without imagination, insisting on a 3 cabin version and central head and traditional chart table that results in a smallish saloon.

A boat with a big sailing potential that I don't like much that dificult to happen. Maybe because I liked a lot more the previous 11m design that Robelz had mentioned:

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 01-03-2014 at 11:23 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook