SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
Maxi 1200

No, this is not a charter boat in fact it is a very fast performance cruiser (probably a expensive one, if he took Maxi prices as reference) with some oddities in what regards design and one of the more strange, for a performance boat that will certainly be also used for racing, is the absence of traveller

This boat will be a very fast one, a competitor with Xp yachts, Dehler, Salona, First, Arcona, Comet and Grand Soleil... and does not have a traveller?

I cannot see also a backstay adjuster but that can be skipped on the design at this phase, but not the traveler. Besides not having a traveler, the position of the winch regarding the main seems only work like that, I mean the line coming from the top of the cockpit table???? That means that table is not removable!!!!.....and that is just odd in what regards racing and even in what regards the use of the cockpit in a social way is just bad design comparing with all the others that have cockpit tables that "disappear" under the cockpit floor.

They have just been rescued from bankruptcy by Dehpia but I don't believe they will go far this way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook