SailNet Community - View Single Post - Voyaging on $500 per month
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014
new dad!

christian.hess is on a distinguished road
Re: Voyaging on $500 per month

it just depends

on our trip it was pb an js and we cruised(2 men) with much less than 500

on another boat I cruised on they were spanish and loved cooking and only ate out when they wanted cold beer

if you cruise islands and hop around and stuff I remember not even opening my wallet for what felt like months...no need. we spear fished, dug clams, hooked octopus...ate potatoes and rice all sorts if way and stuffed ourselves with dry tuna and saltines we made on ocean crossings

money can be seen one of two ways a commodity or a necessity

I see it as a facilitator when you are in areas that require it

fortunately I still traveled to places where it was almost non existant and that brought hope and life into my trip like nothing else.

go NOW and make odd bits of money doing whatever hobby pleases you

I knew plenty of rich cruisers and non rich cruisers who out of fun made jewelry or clothes or bartered cigarettes for bottom work or whatever...just go and be happy

GO NOW!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook