SailNet Community - View Single Post - Extreme Cold
Thread: Extreme Cold
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014

Pearson796 is on a distinguished road
Re: Extreme Cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou452 View Post
I am in KY, East of you. The cold and heat seem more intense here because we always have humidity. "That cold KY rain" "AZ its a dry heat" Here in the summer at 85* I run into the AZ natives that beg to be home in triple digit temps.
I would Treat myself to a room. You may have to see if you can find a motel, church or shelter.
Mammoth Cave is great in the winter. The crowds are not as big and the underground temp is the same year round. It is a National Park well worth the trip.
This state is no place for a weather man. I have been hearing temps forecast as low as -6 But then back up to +50
I have a tarp over my boat for the winter. My boat is on a trailer. I have found the tarp will warm it up when I am out messing around in it. the tarp acts like an emergency blanket. At the extreme cold I do not know if you will have much help from a tarp. Maybe some one else can comment ?
Good Day, Lou
Monday is going to be rough, but then it'll warm right back up. We stay pretty warm. We haven't had to turn the heater up on high yet. It's still on it's low setting. If it gets too cold, I'll pull out the propane heater and run electric and propane together.

I'm not overly concerned considering it's not supposed to be a long cold spell. We spent some hot springs in the Desert of Southern California and come cool summers in the Eastern Sierras when we traveled around in our Motorhome... It's been a long time since we've experienced extreme humidity... I can say we aren't looking forward to that.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook