SailNet Community - View Single Post - Voyaging on $500 per month
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014

barefootnavigator is on a distinguished road
Re: Voyaging on $500 per month

There are two sides to every coin. I could get a job, spend my waking hours making my boss wealthy and spend my evenings reading sailnet living vicariously through others. OR I could take my little boat that suits me perfectly sail off and explore and live the life I love minus a few extravagances. I certainly don't live up to the expectations of many of the sailors I meet but I will let you in on a little secret. When Monday morning rolls around I'm sitting in my cockpit sipping piping hot coffee in the morning sun while all the guys who pitied me and my little boat over the weekend are fighting Monday morning traffic.

One of the biggest misconceptions of where I am currently sailing is that there is not enough wind to sail in the summer. I sail everywhere. The truth is that most people here simply don't have the time to sail. They get off late Friday night, motor to the islands drink themselves into a stooper and hurriedly motor home in time to be at work Monday morning so they can brag to all their friends of their sailing adventures.

Its not an easy life but it is wonderful most of the time

Last edited by barefootnavigator; 01-04-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to barefootnavigator For This Useful Post:
quandryron (04-20-2014)