SailNet Community - View Single Post - Extreme Cold
Thread: Extreme Cold
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014

Pearson796 is on a distinguished road
Re: Extreme Cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidney777 View Post
Looks like a Bear in hibernation. (nice pictures). Kenlake Resort short 15 min walk up hill to west. room rates in
Winter
(Dec 1, 2013 - Feb 27, 2014) $49.95 Sun to Sat. If you get cabin fever they have a
huge dining room. Does the marina still have a courtesy car so you can get food ?
MAST raising at Lighthouse marina 20 miles back toward Kentucky Dam.
Its an all sailboat marina ! How would they raise it at Kenlake ?

I met a guy here who is very experienced with sailboats and knows how to use 2 sailboats to raise the mast on a 3rd. GTB wants a minimum of $150 to step the mast and Lighthouse Landing wants a Minimum of $180

Kenlake Marina kind of has a courtesy car, but not really. Knowing that I am going to be here for a few months, I went up to Illinois, on Jan 1st and got my Kia Sedona out of storage, got Kentucky insurance and have it here at the marina. We are taking showers at the Tennis Center.

I had a friend of mine pick up my van in Kenosha, WI where we put the boat in and take it back and store it for me at her house.

Like I have said many times, The crew here, Scott and Ben, have treated us golden. We really like it here. We were using their "courtesy car" several times a week for a month before we finally brought the van down.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook