SailNet Community - View Single Post - What do you have on your cabin sole?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014

MarkofSeaLife is on a distinguished road
Re: What do you have on your cabin sole?

One of my favorite things is my saloon floor. I love thick fluffy soft rugs for tootsie luxury. Plus i love buying a souveneer from countries that I visit. So i have about 12 small rugs, runners and carpets. All are inexpensive and can be chucked away if they die. Rubber backed carpets die first!

From Egypt i negotiated a silk carpet down from $200 to $40 and it is as real as the virgins who wove it in an impoverished village in the mountains... But it is natural fibre and may be silk. Its pattern is traditional and its lovely, plus a lovely reminder of negotiating with that lot of crooks. Hint: always walk away three times and make the shop owner follow you out of the shop. They will never sell at a loss but always want the best price. They wont let a sale slip through.

Next great bits of carpet were from Turkey and we also got some great prayer coushins for $10. Definitly an authentic locals prayer goods shop and i doubt theyve ever seen a tourist before.

Other carpets have dolphins or fish, and some are just great fluffy $5 discounted On Sale bits that happen to fit.

It makes Sea Life more like home.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook