SailNet Community - View Single Post - Triton Owner's - Review Help
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014

Kyle is on a distinguished road
Triton Owner's - Review Help

This may be overstepping, but I'm asking for input/help.

I hope someone will feel strongly enough about the merits of the Triton to get tough with me about some facts. I'm writing a novel. The main character is purchasing an East Coast / 1962 Pearson Triton.

If you have strong feelings about east vs. west coast Tritons or any other aspects about the boat your input would be appreciated - because on the very slim chance that you would read this novel I would not want to annoy you by leaving out the most crucial aspects of this fantastic Alberg design.

Backdrop to main plot:
The main character is buying the boat from the only owner the boat has had since purchasing it new in 1962. The original owner, a gregarious WWII veteran, has grown too old to sail the boat - blah, blah, blah... The new owner loves the boat and will try to resurrect his racing days at a somewhat defunct yacht club that is now mostly power-boaters who are not much interested in the hey-day of sailboat racing at their now floating-cottage club, blah, blah...

The boat will be in pristine condition due to the meticulous maintenance of original owner.

What should I not leave out if you were to read this novel. What small, significant information do you feel would be crucial for the main character to love this Triton aside from the fact that it is in perfect condition and was owned by a man that he respects and admires?

Thanks you for any feedback.

Best regards,
Kyle
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook