SailNet Community - View Single Post - Dufour 38 - anyone have info?
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007

Bluesmoods is on a distinguished road
Dufour 38

A few corrections to the previous post... The Dufour 40 that won the IMS was NOT modified. It had the 6' 11" keel and the tall rig. Anyone can order that. I met the captain and crew at the Paris show!!

The Gib Sea was an okay cruiser. The Classic 38 was a better built boat than Gib Sea. A little more "refined". The new Itilian ownership group went with Dufour and closed Gib Sea down.

The newer boats from 32 to 52 are really nice. Great sailing and great looks with very comfortable well thought out interiors. If you go beyond where the boat is built, you will find Dufour to be quite different from Jenneau. It is the build quality; the technologies utilized to engineer and construct the boats and the design. I highly recommend visiting the factory in La Rochelle if you are planning to travel to Paris. Visit Jenneau too.

I think Umberto Felci hit the ball over the fence with the newer Dufours.

If you are considering a 38, Good choice. Great all around boat... They seemed to have held values reall well too. There is or was a couple of newer 38 Dufours around too. There was one in our yard having a Max Prop installed that looked real nice.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook