SailNet Community - View Single Post - Dufour 38 - anyone have info?
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Blues,

I know the boat and what they modified, so don't tell me that, I live here...the keel was heavily modified to fit IMS, and so were the sails, the interior was lightened, the stay was modified, the furler removed, and so were the I, P J etc, because the boat races in IMS 670 (which is by the way, the slower of the IMS's), the boat has no teak, the boom was lowered and enlarged...the list goes on and on...that boat raced many times in the Copa Del Rey.

Here is the boat.

http://www.tidewatermarina.com/dufour_40.asp

And since you asked...here is why it won....and how...and why...sorry, but that was the last time it won...read boat lenght for that class, ok??It was racing against boats with 3 to 5 feet less LWL on a race whose objective is boat speed...OK?? This is true...ugly but true.

I don't say things just to say, ok??? I don't know a guy who knows a guy that has a friend...I actually know Sergio, and the boat. In the water.

Last edited by Giulietta; 03-27-2007 at 08:39 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook