SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
M34

Quote:
Originally Posted by robelz View Post
Maserati is not only a VOR70 but a tuned up one. Its performance should be a lot better than the usual VOR-performance.
I don't think you are right here. Yes Maserati is the old Ericsson 4, an older generation VOR70. Sure it is bettered regarding Ericsson 4 in what regards rigging but is not a match for none of the top VOR70 from the last generation, Groupama, Telefonica, Camper or Puma. Probably faster than the new Farr VOR 65 though

Quote:
Originally Posted by robelz View Post
If you read reviews from TdF sailors it is fast but crap to sail...
Yes, I have read them...in French and I would say that it is a mixed opinion regarding what they hoped for but remember that they are comparing the A34 with the previous boat, the Farr 30. I never heard about "crap to sail" but about not has fun as some expected.

Beaucoup d?attentes, toujours en transition - Tour de France à la voile | skippers.tv: Voiles, Régates, Croisières, Vidéos et Actualités.

The boat potential, whatever the design, would be considerably limited by the max beam that was allowed on the design (that had to do with the boat being able to be transported on a normal trailer) and also because for not being expensive and accessible to many teams, it is not a Carbon boat but a fiberglass one (epoxy) and therefore relatively heavy for a top race boat.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 01-06-2014 at 11:09 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook