SailNet Community - View Single Post - Wiring schematic app?
View Single Post
post #19 of Old 01-06-2014
miatapaul
Old enough to know better

Re: Wiring schematic app?

Quote:
Originally Posted by L124C View Post
Thinking about it more, I don't even think I need a boat outline, as long as I know where the bow and stern are in the drawing, and run the lines down the three channels I mentioned earlier. If anyone has examples of what they have created in the programs mentioned here, I'd love to see them.

I've started numbering the wires and creating a corresponding list and description of the routing, but having a visual would be nice.
I've found when I come back a year (or more!) later, I sometimes look at the descriptions that seemed so succinct when I did the wiring, and say....HUGH?
Yea, descriptions can be a bit hard to figure out in the future. Especially by a future owner. I was working on the panel at our house, and well I am sure the previous owner knew very well what room was Steve's but I have no idea at all! I could figure out Ma and Pa that was not too bad, but the kids names left me plugging in a radio and switching off breakers (and rebooting everyone's PC in the process!) till I heard the radio turn off. Turns out Steve for some reason seemed to live in one corner of the living room?!?!

I think Visio or any flow chart app should work to do what you want.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome