SailNet Community - View Single Post - How do I calculate prop slip for my six pack test?
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2002
Senior Nappy Headed Ho

Denr is an unknown quantity at this point
How do I calculate prop slip for my six pack test?

You can try it but I personally don''t think itís possible. I bought one of the self-study courses and studied for a year. I then paid the money, attended a class, and learned more in 5 days than I did in the year of self-study. You''re probably much brighter than I am so you may feel that it is not necessary. I''m certain I would not have passed. I now hold a USCG 50-ton Masters License. For the OUPV license, your test will consist of 30 rules questions, 20 charting and plotting questions, 30 navigation questions and 60 deck general questions. The test was NOT a cake walk and as stated in my previous post, a minimum score of 90% is require to pass on the rules portion of the test.

The application process to the Coast Guard is quite involved; you''ll need to get the physical, drug test, fingerprints, 3 character references, documentation of sea service and probably other things I''ve forgotten! Start this process as soon as possible if you''ve not done so already. Good luck, you''ll need it!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook