SailNet Community - View Single Post - I may have found the boat
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007

Insails is on a distinguished road
I may have found the boat

Today I went and looked at an Alberg 30..the boat was in decent shape and the owner was a sailor..We had a long talk about the boat and the history of it since he had it. He also owns a Bristol Channel cutter. I spent the afternoon poking about the boat .The decks were solid .The interior clean with a new head(never used).The Atomic4 started immediately upon turning the key.The bilge was dry.The one pet peeve the owner had was the placement of the Genoa traveler on the toe rail said it did leak some through the screw holes..He suggested I move the traveler inside the toe-rail to the deck.I called my surveyor and he told me he could save me some money because he had seen the boat and surveyed it last month but he never wrote up the survey because the person purchasing the survey was a friend and had a car accident and could no longer afford the boat..He said the boat was in overall good condition but he recommended moving the Genoa traveler as it leaked only when under way..I will be going out on the boat next week .I would like some imput on the alberg 30. The price is right ..The boat comes with 4 sets of good sails but the spinnaker pole looked to need replacing...thoughts? Is there anything I should know about Albergs? Thanks
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook