SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sea Sickness - Cure?
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007

l0keman is on a distinguished road
Okay, I have had serious motion sickness my whole life. I get deadly sick in cars, planes, boats and even playing video games! The best thing for me is dramamine, you can get it everywhere, every gas station carries it, even. The other thing is these little patches that look like the wart pads, that go behind the ear. dramamine used to make me sleepy, but it hasn't in a few years.

the key is to know what makes it worse or even occur. It's a confusion thing for me... so if I view motion through something stationary, it confuses my inner ear and makes me sick. So if I ride in the back seat, I see the world moving but the car is holding still, soI get very ill. If I ride up front or drive, I never get sick. Becuse I can't see the pillars, I get tunnel vision watching the road. If I read on boat or car I will get very i'll. Going in the bottom of the boat in rough water does too. Staying up top and looking out away from the boat, helps. With motion sickness FRESH AIR is the key to not tossing your lunch monkey. Don't go below or cover your face, you want cold fresh air.

But like I said, you can take a dramamine and do what ever you want and never get sick, just don't sit still too long or yo will get tired.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook