SailNet Community - View Single Post - 2014 Sailing Season
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: 2014 Sailing Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by travlineasy View Post
It's hard to beat the State launch facility at Sandy Point State Park. I believe it's one of the largest and best maintained in the nation. There are several ramps in Havre de Grace, and you should NOT use the one at Jean Roberts Park - it is silted in badly and at low tide it would be impossible to get in or our. Better off using the one at Tydings Park. That water at low tide there is about 3 feet.

There's a country ramp in the Susquehanna River just upriver of Perryville on River Road. Great ramp but can be quite crowded on weekends. There's one at Owens Marina too, which is where I keep my boat - $7 a launch.

The Rocks in Cornfield Harbor and Cornfield Creek are not natural. Just outside the mouth of the creek is Jobs Rock, which is a series of concrete chunks that were dumped there many years ago to create oyster habitat. I believe the hard stuff inside the creek is there for the same reason.

About 6 miles up the Potomac on the north shore is where I usually anchor up inside Smith Creek. I also have access to a private marina there as well, which makes it nice in summer when you need electricity for the AC. The creek is fairly deep and well protected when the weather gets nasty.

Cheers,

Gary
Gary,

We are talking about two different Cornfield Creeks. There are no rocks in the Cornfield Creek on the Magothy near Eagles Nest where I hit something.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook