SailNet Community - View Single Post - Yanmar 1GM10 runaway?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014
Remember you're a womble

PaulinVictoria is on a distinguished road
Re: Yanmar 1GM10 runaway?

I was pretty much upright, there weren't even any waves. Oil was only overfilled if someone broke into my boat overnight and added some more, I did an oil change 42 engine hours ago so I'm pretty sure I would have seen this prior to the weekend, and I have motored in some pretty bouncy sea as well plenty of times.
Only think I can think of is that either it wasn't a runaway at all, rather a stuck throttle lever at the engine end or something like that, or that whatever caused it got used up allowing the engine to return to normal.
Either way, I don't really have an answer. I'll check the oil again at the weekend to see if it's magically got fuller (in which case I must have either diesel leaking into it, or the transmission oil is getting out and into the engine), take the air intake apart and see if there is oil in the filter, pull the governor cover off (will have to look in the book for that), anything else?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook