SailNet Community - View Single Post - Do you wear a life jacket?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Do you wear a life jacket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
Not sure why you're directing this at me. I was referring to this post
Roger that. My apologies. Your post, however, quoted mine, not the other.

Quote:
From the Practical Sailor pic and caption that I showed above, it sounds like there's a design deficiency with the Spinlock that makes it more likely to malfunction.

If I were looking to replace my WestMarine inflatable, I'd look closely at the Mustang MD3184 HIT vest/harness. A more traditional "suspenders" design for much less cost than the Spinlock, with the superior performance of the HIT mechanism. I tried one on at Safety at Sea training last spring, and it was very comfortable.

Until I go offshore, my current WM coastal vest is fine. I have a separate harness that I use when needed.
Fit and comfort are individual. More power to whatever fits the best, as the willingness to wear it is probably the single greatest factor.

Integrated v. separate harnesses is also a personal preference. I offer that it seems to increase the odds one would have it on, when integrated. Again, to each their own.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook