View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
Hugh welbourn and DSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by olianta View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Eu2CQ7pyUM

Hi all,

Have not posted for long time, however have been following the thread. Browsing the web I found out the Infiniti yacht brand (thought it was brand bane only for fast luxurious cars). Though not cars, they have patented the DSS (Dynamic Stability System) representing use of additional foils. They seem to be interesting though on the hi-end.

I thought Paulo and all others would find such boats intriguing. I did not find, however, their basic parameters although they seem to be very light and able to carry a lot of sail (like the multihulls).

Rumen
Hi Rumen, Glad to know that you still follow this thread

Yes it it was posted long ago but it is a nice one:

The creator of DSS, Hugh welbourn is associated with Infiniti yachts, that are designed also by him. I hope that after the victory of the Wild Oats and the validity of the DSS system proved in racing, we will see finally that 100ft having an order that allow it to see the light of the day.

Even out of DSS system Hugh welbourn had proved himself as designer on the racing field with the design of the DK 46 (2002), a great performance cruiser with a long list of victories. The boat is also sometime given as a Mills design?? maybe Hugh Welbourn worked for mills at the time?

He also designed the JK 50 that would be the first true cruiser with a DSS system. They start yo build the boat but it was sold before it was finished and I don't think it is on the water yet. A very nice cruiser though.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 01-09-2014 at 10:43 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook