SailNet Community - View Single Post - Getting into sailing
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014
69' Coronado 25

socal c25 is on a distinguished road
Re: Getting into sailing

For the money you'll put into building a "small boat" you would of been able to get a 25 to 26 foot Coronado of Columbia keel boat that would be forgiving and yet able to get some serious water under you. Weekending would be more comfortable and because you didn't cross the 27 foot barrier costs would be a little cheaper for just about everything. I am on the west coast (So Cal) and I sailed a dingy once or twice as a child. At the age of 30 I bought a 21' trailer sailer, had it 2 years then to a 25 trailer sailer for 3 years then into a 30 for a few years, sold it in 97' now I am back sailing with a 25 Coronado and I am really liking it, even after having a 30' I don't mind the difference because this 25 is very roomy for its size and I will be sailing to Catalina Island often (25 miles) open ocean and over nighters offshore down to San Diego or up to Santa Barbara. I have no problems with this 45 year old boat going offshore, just no trips to Hawaii as this boat was built for coastal cruising.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to socal c25 For This Useful Post:
Ferroflame (01-11-2014)