SailNet Community - View Single Post - Prepping to re-bed stanchions.
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014

christian.hess is on a distinguished road
Re: Prepping to re-bed stanchions.

I just got back from doing this for my chainplatye holes(look ate islander 36 project thread) and its easy...its very important to bevel and file the holes and if you can dry out a bit...

I just rebedded my aft lower backing plates...Im doing it in 2 stages, from below and from above...since they have those funny metal cover plates....

in any case I potted the main chainplate holes and bulkhead holes...not the aft lowers since they are easily serviced so I plan to check them every 6 months or so...

cheers

ps. you can also brush on thickened epoxy,,,you dont have to completeley seal the hole and redrill...just a swipe to seal off the wood...the lightly file away

redrilling same size holes never works out...always go big, pot then drill exact size

cheers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Islander 36 refit still going on...

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook