SailNet Community - View Single Post - An indelicate question
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
Re: An indelicate question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearPrudence View Post
My wife and I enjoy sailing Lake Eire's islands. Each year,(3 now) we set modest goals designed to improve our skills and build confidence. Last year, one of our goals was to spend some time on the hook. Overnight at first then gradually building to several days. A goal that was not met.
Our boat is an '86 Catalina 30. No dinghy, no refrigeration and the stove was pulled by the PO in favor of a 120v refrigerator. No of which scares me. My "indelicate" question concerns the head. It's a hand pump Jabsco. I replaced the tired unit with a new one the first year. I've seen these on newer and more expensive boats so they must work, right? Ours has never been "put to the test" so my question is: How well do they work? I don't know if that tiny little thing is up to the challenge. And are they set up properly on the Catalina 30? (two questions, really )

Thanks

Jeff
Jeff, Good you are learning to use the hook!

The PO really hurt your boat by removing the galley gear. I didn't waste anytime getting my boat set up for cruising even though I've not been back to Chesapeake bay in 5years LOL Hot and cold water, new counter top, facet, etc. force 10 stove/oven too. (came with the boat)

I even installed 12volt refrigeration for the ice box after himNhawling about it for a few years. (retired from the HVACR biz) It's WONDERFUL!

I've a fairly new Jabsco for the head also. it's only a 15 gal holding tank and serves 3 people about 3 days (with less fiber in their diet)

my current "project"!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook