SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sausalito for a few days - to do?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014

dabnis is on a distinguished road
Re: Sausalito for a few days - to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabnis View Post
Jack,

All of the above are good. We lived in that area for many years and kept our boat in Sausalito. I assume you are talking about driving? The Napa valley is nice, a bit crowded although that time of year, not too bad, especially if you go during the week.

We prefer the Anderson Valley, between Cloverdale & the coast. The Town of Mendocino is a bit touristy, but interesting. There is some beautiful coastline between Bodega Bay and Fort Bragg, along Hwy #1

If you want to day sail, you should have no problem renting a boat, especially with your experience. We mostly sailed the North Bay, from the Gate to Alcatraz, north past Angel Island up into San Pablo Bay a ways and then back through Raccoon Straits. Generally there is not a lot of wind that time of year unless a storm is working up, but nice, easy sailing none the less. We used to sail out the gate a lot but the tides can be a factor when trying to get back in.

Bring lots of money & have fun.

Paul T
Jack,

I forgot this shameless plug. If you go to Mendocino stop in here:

Mendocino Art Center, Art Center, Art Classes, Art Instruction, Art Galleries

They are one of the 6 Northern California Fine Art Galleries showing our work. Ask for Megan Smithyman, the Gallery Director. Tell her "Paul" sent you and she will offer you a 50% discount on our work.

Paul and Nancy's Creations Home

My apologies, but our economy is still in the tank, struggling to pay the wood bills.

Paul T

Forgot another gallery we show in, right in the middle of the Napa Valley wine country:

http://www.thecarmelgallery.com/Calistoga-a/263.htm

Last edited by dabnis; 01-10-2014 at 02:26 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook