SailNet Community - View Single Post - Dufour 38 - anyone have info?
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waymar83
Yeah but the real question is: Giu did YOU race her....?........

I looked at the link Giu posted earlier with the boat specs and some photos(Tidewater Marina). Damn fine looking boat!!!!
Since its you asking...

I sailed the "standard" version of the 40 several times (was sold to Spain and I helped the Spanish guy "learn the boat, and sold him 3 mast steps I had bought in West marine) and a 44 performance here, that is doing the IRC championship.

The difference between the performance and the regular dufour is 1 knot no more no less.

I raced against the 44 (because I think its not fare to race against smaller hulls unlike many ), and as I said in my first post...

"to give you an idea, last August, I was dead downwind without spi, just genoa (on pole) and main, racing against a 44 Performance with spi, and racing crew, and I passed him, wining over 18 minutes in a 7 mile run!!"

That is 2,5 minutes per mile!!! without spi....he had spi....

I could pass him to leeward and still sail around them...and that's the 44 performance

If I pick a fight, I don't choose a smaller guy..its not fare
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook