SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sunbrella: What color is used on your boat?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Re: Sunbrella: What color is used on your boat?

You might think about having access to OTHER colors as well. We have pillows, our cushions, and some curtains made of Sunbrella. ALONG with the typical on deck stuff which is in a navy blue. Probably the blue many have said is navy per say.

The cushions are a floral design, some pillows are the same, and a white and blue striped fabric also for some of the pillows and the curtains.

I also have a cockpit cover that goes over the boom on sunny or rainy days. Do not want a dodger or bimini. That is more of an off white/ivory color for lack of better way to describe it. I wanted something that shaded the cockpit per say, but would not allow the heat soak as darker colors do on a hot day. IT also allows some natural light thru if ugly out, so one is able to read a book, but still get shaded etc.

There are a LOT of things you can make out of sunbrella cloth for folks, that might make you more money in the short term if at various marina's than the main items, ala dodgers, bimini's etc.

Marty