SailNet Community - View Single Post - 2013 Was A Great Season!
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014

Meriachee is on a distinguished road
Re: 2013 Was A Great Season!

2013 should have been the best year yet, almost all of the projects got done, some great sails, fabulous neighbours and some really interesting Wednesday nights. Then a freak storm ripped out two moorings and tangled two boats wrecking the bow on my 270 and the stern and engine on my buddy's H25.
Thankfully the cluster-u-know-what with the insurance people has only been slightly annoying, and things are starting to come together.
2014 will see a significant repair job which will include a new bow rail, stem fitting, a bunch of gelcoat work to what was (and will again be) a pristine hull, and installation of the Selden ring for the new sprit. It's not all a total loss, there's new go-fast involved!
Oh yeah, new barrier coat and I'm going to replace all the thru-hulls with machined to fit brass so they are flush to the existing holes, and installation of the CD rudder bushing repair kit to take that slop out.
(Should be ready by this time next year ha ha)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

---------------------
1993 Catalina 270 LE
# 255
"Nothing Like This"
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook