SailNet Community - View Single Post - looking for past or present owners of 1970 through 73 cal 27s
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014

captain jack is on a distinguished road
Re: looking for past or present owners of 1970 through 73 cal 27s

an update then i need to go to bed. even i need to sleep, sometime

even when i am not actually working on the boat, i am figuring out a number of issues, in my head and on paper, that i need to address. so, i have been solidifying my thoughts about an permanent coach roof, gathering info about a lot of other stuff i need to do....and thinking about the motor issue.

so, i am considering some kind of outboard, temporarily. thinking about removing the prop shaftand glassing over the hole, too. maybe a permanent outboard solution. thinking about constructing a chinese sculling oar, a yuloh, too. then just going motorless. in that case, i think the yuloh would be better than sweeps. but maybe not. however, my mind keeps coming back to electric inboard. i was rerrading some of mr christian's info, from earlier posts. also been searching the net.

i came across electric conversion of VW beetles which lead me to general conversion of cars to electric. same ideas as with sailboats; fork lift motors and that kind of thing. in the sailboat stuff i have read, the cost seems high. but there is a lot of DIY info in the car conversion community; people doing it on the cheap. so, i am considering that option, too. going to begin collecting info about this, in ernest, now.

1971 Cal 27

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook