SailNet Community - View Single Post - ipad as instrumentation...
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: ipad as instrumentation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdale View Post
....But I do have a Win 8.1 tablet that will do everything an Ipad will. ......
While I am a fan of my iPad, I suppose I should have said that the tablet is the single greatest advancement, etc....... I do give Apple the credit for mainstreaming this new world, although, there are many follow on competitors.

That said, I really like the integration between my iPad and iPhone. The later is often in my pocket aboard and I've often used it to peek at Charts and Tides, rather walk over to the chartplotter. I'll tell you a secret. I go below to use the head and my wife takes the helm in tight quarters and my iPhone sits on the counter showing me where she is going. Its nice that almost all apps I buy for the iPad are free to install on my iPhone.

I also like the reverse integration of my iPhone text messages being delivered to my iPad. I've often been reading at night and see a text pop up from the kids. This stuff just happens, no effort to synch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook