SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
Loick Peiron is learning new tricks.

We have talk here several times about Cammas, that by the way is going to be at the wheel of the French team on the next AC, but talked less about another French sail legend, Loick Peiron.

Loick is older, I mean he is really old for a top racer (55). He started is sailing carrier by winning the 1979 mini transat and his accomplishments are too long to post here but I guess all know he is the holder of the absolute sail circumnavigation record and besides that maybe its bigger accomplishment is to have won for six times the Trophée Clairefontaine.

I bet many don’t know what is that and why it is important, well it is a French thing, kind of the race of the Champions regarding sail. They invite world champions from all sail categories and the best to win.

Peyron is by far the record holder of that race that he won 8 times, 5 of them in a row. The guy that stopped that row was a certain Franck Cammas that have won for 3 times. There are also a Mr Desjoyeux that have won for 4 times….and the last year’s winner was a certain Gabart.

But Peyron is learning to sail again and stayed near the tail on the last world championship he had entered .....and that just puts him higher on my consideration because the championship was with this “things” that he decided to learn how to fly with 54 years of age. Big balls

Of course, even near the tail of a world championship he was far from ridiculous and just racing there says how good he is already with the “Moth”. Maybe next year he would fight for the top places, after all he is just the new kid on the block and he is learning.

What a Character, have a look at this interview:

How many times do you have crossed the Atlantic? : 50 times….and he could have add that 6 of them on major transat races that he won as well as two during circumnavigations races/records that he beat or won.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 01-12-2014 at 09:06 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook