SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pros and cons of steel sailboats
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough
Re: Pros and cons of steel sailboats

Glad you like the soap Brent.
Still must frost you that your buddy bought the Passport.
Having your approval doesn't mean much to me. I've seen your work. I'd rather disagree with by buddy Smacker. I am not joining that club.

But now, enough talk, time for some beautiful boat reality:

The rig went in Frankie today. We solved the lifeline height question by not having any. None. Now we measure for the sails. Won't be too long till we are smoking down the Sound.

I'm a bit confused by BS's preoccupation with his ancestry. I don't care where a person comes from. I only care about what kind of person they are. If my cousin Dennis was middleweight amateur boxing champ of Sydney back in the day it sure doesn't make me a boxer.

My Grandpa was Angelo Dante Giuseppe Nanelli (Calabrese testa dura). So by BS standards I am far more Italian than he is either Norwegian or Indian. But I sure as hell don't consider myself an Italian. (I could be related to Pavarotti!) I still can't sing worth a damn. While it would be romantic to think of myself as Roberto Perri, I'm just plain Bob, a mixed breed mutt, and I'll let my work describe who and what I am and be very content with that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bob's Blog ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please also visit my new web site

Last edited by bobperry; 01-13-2014 at 09:21 PM.