SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: What boat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPelicano View Post
..... And, with some modest upgrades, the boat might be able to qualify for the Singlehanded Transpac Race, from San Francisco to Kauai, Hawai'i.
Hummm....you are crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPelicano View Post
Going back to my long term goals, then we are definitely talking, again, about the Django 7.70 and the Archambault 31, as well as a few others. My wife, of course would prefer to see a Dehler 38 in her future (or now a Dehler 46, thanks to your earlier posting), but haven't figured out how the math would work for those choices. As in so many things in life, it's not the simple acquistion of something but the long term maintenance of it that becomes a challenge. I would not want a boat like the Dehler 46 if I was unable to maintain it in pristine condition. Boats that beautiful deserve no less.

But thank you for keeping my best interests in mind.
Talking about your best interests, meaning by that your wife, as a short term proposition that would serve all the purposes you could have one of these. You can find them used at very nice prices and it is a beautiful boat, not ridiculous racing nor cruising:

(photos taken last year on the Jakinthos Island, Greece)

http://www.farrdesign.com/622results.html

First 35 yachts - Boats First 35 used, new and charter boats

or even one of this:

Comar Comet 38 s year 2008

It done great in the last ORCI world championship. Even a better interior and bigger cruising potential.

http://www.comaryachts.it/Card.Aspx?BoatId=8&Modo=P67

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 01-14-2014 at 12:32 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook