SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
First 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPelicano View Post
Alas, there are no used Beneteau First 35's on the market in North America (recent model, that is). And, to tell the truth, I have not seen one on the water locally (Long Island Sound). Not sure if they sold (m)any in the U.S. at all.

Of course, they haven't sold (m)any First 30's either.

As we have mentioned before, what they are selling is J/70's and, now, J/88's and not a whole lot more than that.

And not sure what you mean by "affordable" since 2010-2013 models of the First 35 are selling for more than $170K. I'm not saying that's outrageous - not much different than a new J/88, in fact - but definitely more than I want to spend for anything I'm not going to live aboard.

So I think I go back to my other strategy, which is to get a small, TransQuadra-style boat, and use the money I save for airplane tickets for the wife. I have quite a few friends who will be happy to join me for offshore sailing, even across oceans.
A 2010 First 35 costs about 100 000 euros, about the same as a 2008 Comet 38s.

Beneteau First 35, Used of 2010 - 358397

I think the VAT is deductible. Lots of First 35 here for selling. A good boat with that age will need pretty much new sails and nothing else. You can pick the boat here and sail the ARC in the racing division back home. Fun and a good deal since I believe the boat will sell well on the US when you want to sell it. On that one I believe your wife could enjoy cruising.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 01-14-2014 at 02:44 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook