SailNet Community - View Single Post - Optimum Winch and Traveler Position for Single-Handing
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Sailingguy

What GS are you looking at, the new generation or the 2000 generation?

What you're saying about end boom arrangment and "getting in and out" is absolutely nonsense...don't worry about it.Trust me.

I have end boom arragment, and what you do when you solo, even if your auto pilot quits, is swap the genoa sheets and main sheets, so that you now have the main controlled by forward winches and control the genoa with the aft ones...simple...
If you have these questions, at this stage, may then this boat is not for you.

The reason why the Elan and GS have diferent winch positions is due to what Customer they are trying to appeal, the GS is a much much faster boat, that is set up with what is known as Admirals type main sheet control, its oriented towards faster sailing, and oriented towards racing and owners that want to sail fast and enter cruiser races..its what is used in cruiser/racers, beacuse the boat is fast deserves a proper sail control.

The Elan is oriented towards a cruiser customer..different sail control concepts...there is no possible comaprison..mixing the elan with the GS is sacrilege.

Nevertheless I like the end boom...others may like cabin top control.

I'm trying to upload a drwaing I made for you but the server does not allow me to open Photoshop. EDIT CAM...HERE THEY ARE:

Last edited by Giulietta; 04-04-2007 at 09:39 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook