SailNet Community - View Single Post - How big a holding tank vs. camping
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014

Argyle38 is on a distinguished road
Re: How big a holding tank vs. camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
Camping is, if you take it in, you take it out, including the POO! Had to do that on Mr Rainer. Ther joke up there is about blue bags. Blue for the poo, and clear to make sure the blue does not leak into the back pack! With the typical one or two per day......well anyway. Not an issue with the liquid part of the equation.

It would be nice if the holding tank was larger than the water tank........but, none the less, ANY tank is better than the one in my 8' pram I had............

Marty
Are you serious?? You are not allowed to leave a deposit on Mt. Rainer? To me, camping (quite a bit in western PA and Ohio, when I lived there) was dig a hole, do your business, cover it up and be on your way. As natural as the setting sun. My area was all forest though, I guess Mt. Rainer is a lot of rock and glacier, maybe that's why there are special rules. Are you rules for Mt. Rainer for just above the tree line? (Assuming there is a tree line.)

On topic: For Argyle, we currently have a 9 gal. holding tank which is not sufficient. It's location is also not sufficient. A PO placed the tank in a cabinet in the V-berth. So if the tank grows a bit ripe, the V-berth get's the brunt of it. I'm currently working on designing and installing a 25-30 gal. holding tank under the cabin sole, beneath the head and V-berth. It will have much better ventilation and any smell will be confined to the bilge area.
Downeaster 38 #40

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook